2022 Snow King IFSA Junior Regional 2*
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Please ensure you review, understand and comply with all mandates, rules or precautions around the resort’s health and wellness policy. You should review this page BEFORE registering or attending an IFSA event.https://snowkingmountain.com/snow-king-mountain-covid-19-operation-changes/
All competitors and spectators must wear masks inside at all times.
If you have been exposed to somebody with COVID 19, or are feeling symptoms, please stay home.
- As in years past, it will be mandatory for coaches to be in possession of an IFSA Coach Membership and hold a current L100 or L200 certification.
- If you are unsure on your certification status, contact the IFSA Admin Team: Contact Us
- It is mandatory for coaches to also register on The Driven for any IFSA Junior events they plan to attend. There is no registration fee, however registration is compulsory if coaches plan to attend. Coaches who HAVE NOT registered will not be granted ticketing benefits or access to the event or venue. Please help keep events running smoothly by completing registration on The Driven.
☞ Review the 2020-2021 IFSA Series Handbook: CLICK HERE
☞ Back Protectors are MANDATORY for an athlete's competition run(s).
☞ Please review our Venue Inspection & Terrain Enhancement Protocol: CLICK HERE
Divisions: Skiing & Snowboarding
Age Categories: U12, 12-14, 15-18
Mandatory Morning Check-in - Feb 18
Snow King Lodge Room - 100 Snow King Ave, Jackson, WY 83001
Coaches (Representatives) from each team must check their whole team in on Friday, February 18, 2022 starting at 10am – 3:00pm. This representative will receive each athlete's packet with a helmet sticker.
Independent Athletes and one guardian must check in on Friday, February 18, 2021 starting at 10am – 3:00pm. The athlete will receive their packet with a helmet sticker.
You can check in on Saturday morning if you can’t make it to town for Friday’s inspection. We will be open at 8:45am in the Snow King Lodge Room.
Accessing the competition Venue
Snow King Gondola at the base of the ski mountain will be the only lift that accesses the competition venue.
Coach / Independent Athlete Virtual Meeting - February 18 & 19
We will host our Athlete / Rider meetings virtually via Zoom at 7pm on February 18, and 19th, 2022. Coaches are responsible for attending each virtual meeting. After the meeting, each team’s coach is responsible for relaying the information to their athletes. In the special case an athlete does not have coach representation, those Independent Athletes must attend the virtual meeting. If a program’s Coach or an Independent Athlete misses roll call at the beginning of the meeting, they will not be allowed to compete the following day. The Snow King Ski Patrol, our IFSA Technical Director, and Judges will be speaking during this meeting.
Every coach must attend the coach/rider virtual meeting. We will take roll call, if you are not present, your team can’t compete. No exceptions.
Independent Athletes must attend every coach/rider virtual meeting. We will take roll call, if you are not present, you can’t compete. No exceptions.
Invites to the meeting will go out to the registered coaches, independent athletes, and event personal Thursday February 17thth.
Athletes with coaching representation will not attend the zoom meeting.
We will be using TeamApp this event to communicate with our event community. Please search for “Snow King IFSA Jr. Regional 2*” to locate this event. You will find pictures of the venue, sponsorship information, start list and results. We will host awards on Sunday shortly after the completion of competition outside the Lodge room. Winners will be announced shortly after our judges finalize scores.
Parking is free at Snow King Mountain Resort. Parking lot capacity is limited, but you are welcome to park on the street. Please be respectful to homeowners and don’t park in their driveway or park them in.
Thank you for your flexibility with our Coach / Independent Athlete meetings, and mask wearing indoors at the Snow King Lodge Room. Safety is our number one priority, and we want to see our IFSA Freeride Community healthy and able to complete their full competition season.
For questions specific to this event, the schedule, or cancellation requests,
If you wish to compete or coach, you must register during the registration period indicated below.
- Registration Opens: MONDAY, JAN 3, 2022 @ 8:00 PM MST
- Registration Link: https://thedriven.net/event.race_regifsa/eid/40863012369
Event Registration Price for Athletes: $100
An IFSA Junior membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA 2022 Membership.
Event Registration Price for IFSA Coach Members: FREE
An IFSA Coach membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA Coach Membership.
Coaches MUST register for event on The Driven to gain ticketing benefits and venue access
Mountain Modern booking instructions.
- Guests can call Mountain Modern direct at 307-733-4340, xt 1, and mention the IFSC/JHMR Freeride Event and their stay dates. Our agents will book the reservation, and provide confirmation.
- Guests can also go to the below online booking link, and enter group code IFSC22 to receive the same discount.
- Group Code: IFSC22 (not case sensitive)
- Online Booking Link; https://www.bookonthenet.net/west/premium/eresmain.aspx?id=Htm160vlkEnpa6%2fnGtF8V2XupeuVpGbeCISlQ0LsreZF%2f0Fi22i0nz8Biflfe21fIcJNuUqrLuOZwQGIDJbd6A%3d%3d#/search
- Please note, this is not the general Mountain Modern website, but a unique link for your room block.
Ranch Inn booking instructions.
- Guests can call Ranch Inn direct at 307-733-6363, xt 1, and mention the IFSC/JHMR Freeride Event and their stay dates. Our agents will book the reservation, and provide confirmation.
- Guests can also go to the below online booking link to receive the same discount (no booking code required at Ranch Inn)
Competitors: Tickets will be purchased in advance through the Snow King Group Sales Department. Please purchase Athlete tickets at the link below. Athlete tickets will be $40. https://snowkingmountain.com/ski-club-lift-tickets/
Please purchase tickets ASAP.
Spectators: hiker’s tickets ($20) at the window day of the event.
Coach Tickets: Free for IFSA registered and certified Coaches only. Pick up a ticket at the Snow King Lodge Room at 10am – 3pm on Friday February 18th. If you can’t make it for Friday’s inspection day, then please pick up Saturday, February 19th starting at 8:45am.
Coaches: Coaches will ONLY qualify for tickets and venue access by completing event registration on The Driven. You must be a currently certified IFSA Coach with a 2022 IFSA Coach Membership and registered on The Driven.
COACH TICKETING POLICY - MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE DRIVEN
- 1 Athlete: No ticket
- 2-4 Athletes: 1 Free Coach ticket
- 5-10 Athletes: 2 Free Coach tickets
- 11-15 Athletes: 3 Free Coach tickets
- 16+ Athletes: At Event Host’s discretion
For all IFSA Junior Freeride Events, the event refund policy is established by the Event Organizer.
SNOW KING CANCELLATION POLICY
- If a rider requests a refund more than two weeks prior to the event date, a full refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- If a rider requests a refund less than two weeks before the event date, a 50% refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than one week before the event date unless a doctor verifies a positive Covid-19 test.
- If the event should be cancelled due to weather or unforeseen circumstance on event day, no refund will be issued to help cover the administrative costs of event setup and compensating the judges and employees required to be on the hill.
- A 50% refund will be provided if the event is forced to cancel due to local health regulations or restrictions
It is at the sole discretion of the Event Organizer, and not the IFSA, when and under what circumstances a refund will be issued.
To request a cancellation or refund, you must contact the Event Organizer.