PROGRAM DIRECTOR - Loveland Ski Club
Program Director - Loveland Ski Club
Loveland Ski Club (LSC and/or the Club) exists to provide athletes the skills and tools needed to develop to their highest individual potential through a fun, safe and professional skiing environment. We nurture a culture of community, family and character.
As the Program Director (PD) for LSC, this position is responsible for implementing LSC’s vision, providing leadership, and overseeing the Club and its staff. The PD will also oversee and assist in overall planning and administration including program management, community relations, and business operations.
The PD will work with the LSC Board of Directors (BoD) to implement the long-range strategic goals and objectives of LSC. The PD will be tasked with operating an efficient and professional organization. This person will collaborate with appropriate personnel to maintain the Club’s necessary infrastructure including adequate technological equipment and training, facilities and maintenance, insurance, financial and legal counsel, internal systems and procedure and all other supplies and/or services necessary.
LSC Primary Needs:
1. LSC needs continued growth in the entry level programs in order to support the upper level/full time programs;
2. LSC culture of family and fun needs to be cultivated in all programs and fostered by all coaches and staff at every level;
3. LSC needs a methodology to manage, measure, and develop coaches to increase their capability in technical, personal, and professional areas;
4. LSC needs to be able to move athletes to more advanced and full time programs when athletes are ready and not keep them too long in junior and part-time programs.
a. Includes moving athletes from 1 day to 2 days and part-time to full time
5. LSC needs procedures for consistent open communication at all levels to all stakeholders:
parents, athletes, BoD, and Loveland Ski Area management
LSC Secondary Needs:
1. LSC needs concrete development of both strategic and tactical plans in order to ensure long term viability:
● Athlete Programs
● Financial performance
● Mountain management cooperation
● Leadership with all staff
● Strong relationship with BoD
● Goals and objectives
Primary Program Director Requirements:
1. Growing Entry-Level Programs
a. Background in growing entry level programs or developed plans to do same
i. Includes hiring and training of coaches
ii. Recruitment of junior athletes
iii. Hiring appropriate administrator capable of administering program and communication with parents
iv. Expand and grow existing culture
2. Culture of Coaches and Staff
i. Background in extending culture from individual to group focus
ii. Instill a common culture in all staff, both full time and part time
iii. Develop, encourage, and monitor implementation of the culture
3. Management of Staff
a. Be able to define and demonstrate management of both full time and part time personnel
i. Define a ‘coaching profile’ for every program level from entry program to full-time
ii. Define management philosophy
iii. Show history or developed process to manage, mentor, and measure coaches
iv. Show history or developed process to ‘upgrade’ capability of existing coaches in all phases of coaching from technology, process, teaching, life skills, etc.
v. Define requirements for coaches at every program level
vi. Define plans to recruit new staff and coaches
4. History or developed process to identify athletes who should be encouraged to move to a higher-level program
a. How long should an athlete be in each program
i. Technical capability
iv. Communication with parents and coaches
5. Show history or developed process to foster continual and open communication with all LSC stakeholders
a. Foster cross program communication
b. Communicate routinely with Loveland Ski Area management on LSC status and needs
c. Understand that parents are the buyers and athletes are the users
Anticipated salary range is between $100,000 and $130,000 per year commensurate with experience and background.
Loveland Ski Club is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law. LSC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT HISTORY AND PROCESSES IN WRITING.
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter addressing each item in the Program Director Requirements.